Friday, January 7, 2011

Play Off's Baby!!

I live right smack in the heart of Colt's Country.  And love that I do.  This family are huge Colt's fans.  We wear our jerseys every game day, we go to every game we can (even when we lived in NJ!) My youngest came home in a Colt's outfit!!  We even have Colt's furniture!  Pathetic?  Nah, just die hard fans that bleed blue every football season!

We made the playoff's this year...barely, but we did it.  We play the Jets tomorrow night.  We are season ticket holders, but with our current circumstances we opted not to buy play off tix.  OH NO!!  So my hubby & I have been tweeting ourselves crazy trying to enter & win every twitter contest we could.  Our hard work payed off & we won tix last night!!!  So excited!  There was a big rally downtown & Javvaris James recognized my hubby from the video we sent him.  How cool!

It is so awesome to live in the town of the team you support.  I've never seen so much team spirit before.  It's a pretty neat thing to be a part of.  We've been to a couple rally's around town, met & had our pictures taken with players & the mascot & met a lot of other fanatics, just like us!

Aside from twitter & football, I've been working out everyday & really paying attention to my diet.  I decided to follow WW for a while.  I loathe counting calories, the numbers are too big!  You think I jest, but I am horrific at math!  WW has smaller numbers, so much easier for me!  I've been doing well, staying within my points, but I do not get the activity point thing.  Am I supposed to eat those or leave them??  No clue...I leave them & they disappear the next week!  I've found some great recipes on the site.  Ones my kids will actually eat!  Gonna make some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow.

My workouts consist of 30 mins of cardio a day & 30 mins of lifting 5 days a week.  I am struggling to let go of the notion that I have to do cardio on a fasted stomach - fancy way of saying right when I wake before eating - I don't know why it's such a big deal to me.  The first time I lost the weight I didn't do cardio unto 10am at the earliest & usually had 2 meals before!  It fascinates me that things that once worked, no longer work.  Crazy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment