Friday, December 17, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Whew!  I'm exhausted after my day today!  Not complaining, I had fun, but I'm ready to kick back & chill.  Could someone tell my kids, plus the extra one I have? 

Lots of cleaning today.  Then running around getting goodie bag stuff for the kids in our Life Group, then Livvi's holiday party at school. I somehow volunteered myself to make cinnamon applesauce ornaments for the Life Group kids.  I still need to do that!  It's a fun project, but I just don't want to do it tonight.  I'd love to curl up in bed & read a book!

Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

  • 1 cup cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp. ground cloves
  • 1 tbsp. nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup applesauce
  1. Preheat oven to 150°.
  2. In medium bowl, combine cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg.
  3. Add applesauce, stir to combine.
  4. Work the dough with your hands for 3 or 4 minutes until dough is smooth and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
  5. If the dough is a little crumbly, add a tablespoon of applesause at a time to it until it is smooth and a bit sticky.
  6. Roll out dough to 1/3 inch thickness. It will be sticky, so be careful with it. You can use cinnamon like flour on your pin and rolling surface to stop it from sticking.
  7. Cut dough with cookie cutters. Simple shapes like hearts, bells, trees and gingermen are easier to work with than cutters with complicated shapes.
  8. Using straw make small hole in top of ornament.
  9. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 150 degrees for 2 1/2 hours
  10. Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
  11. Loop a ribbon through the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment