Lots of cleaning today. Then running around getting goodie bag stuff for the kids in our Life Group, then Livvi's holiday party at school. I somehow volunteered myself to make cinnamon applesauce ornaments for the Life Group kids. I still need to do that! It's a fun project, but I just don't want to do it tonight. I'd love to curl up in bed & read a book!
Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 150°.
- In medium bowl, combine cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg.
- Add applesauce, stir to combine.
- Work the dough with your hands for 3 or 4 minutes until dough is smooth and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- If the dough is a little crumbly, add a tablespoon of applesause at a time to it until it is smooth and a bit sticky.
- Roll out dough to 1/3 inch thickness. It will be sticky, so be careful with it. You can use cinnamon like flour on your pin and rolling surface to stop it from sticking.
- Cut dough with cookie cutters. Simple shapes like hearts, bells, trees and gingermen are easier to work with than cutters with complicated shapes.
- Using straw make small hole in top of ornament.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 150 degrees for 2 1/2 hours
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Loop a ribbon through the top.