So, now I'm the big 4-0. I've been thinking & thinking about how I would feel about it & I've come to the conclusion that I really don't mind. In fact I'm excited about it! My kids are 13, 11 & 3...old enough for me to spread my wings a bit & do some stuff for me. That's something I really haven't done before. My life has been centered around my kids since I was 26...when I had my first one. Now, don't think that I'm running off or anything, I'm not!! I'm just shifting a little focus over to me & it's high time I did!
I'm going to make a list of the things I want to accomplish this year. My Bucket List, if you will, for my Fortieth Year. And this blog will be all about how I go about accomplishing them, how I feel about them & a push/reminder to do them!!
1) Lose these 18lbs & weigh 140 again!
2) Go white water rafting
3) Go to a spa with girlfriends only
4) Go to school to study graphic design & photography
5) Go on a zipline adventure with the family
6) Get involved with volunteering in the community
7) Really give Yoga a chance
8) Learn how to plant & care for a veggie garden & do it! Composting too!
9) Create an actual budget & stick to it!
10) Go on dates with my hubby at least twice a month
11) Spend time one on one with each of my kids once a week
12) Really work on my friendships & be a better friend
13) Learn to play golf
14) Inspire someone else
15) Let my hair grow out...no cutting it short when I get sick of it!
16) Go away for the weekend, just me
17) Improve my credit score
18) Go roller skating with friends & family
19) Get over what the "Jones'" have & be happy with what I have
20) Laugh more...relax & stop taking everything so seriously
I may add to this as the year goes on & I think of new things, but for now, it's a start.
Here I go!